Who We Are:
AwardSpring is an established and fast-growing Software as a Service (SaaS) start-up that partners with colleges and foundations to help them award scholarships and grants. We want to make it as easy as possible for students to apply for and receive scholarship money, and as easy as possible for institutions to deliver that money and raise more money for future students.
- Bias for Action: We are a small team that is in full growth mode. We all wear a lot of hats (figuratively) and we have a deep appreciation for showing ownership and accountability to our peers and customers (literally).
- Find A Way: We have found that there is not always an easy answer to every question or issue that arises. Yet, we strive to be creative and find a way to simplify things every day. Together, we find a way to remove every roadblock.
- Be Human: After all, we are all people (robots—please do not apply). We like to have a human voice and show empathy and friendliness to everyone we interact with.
- Keep Improving: We accept that we are not perfect, but we strive to get a little bit better every day. Hopefully you do too.
The SpringBoard Implementation Specialist is a full-time position. In this role you will be in charge of implementing and onboarding new AwardSpring clients with a focus on being consultative and helping clients suit AwardSpring to their needs. At any given time you may be managing anywhere from 5-10 implementations. You will report to the Director of Client Services.
- Successfully manage all project milestones from kick-off through go-live
- Configure and customize site to client specification
- Conduct all user training via teleconference
- Manage timeline and expectations with project stakeholders (occasionally including third parties)
- Provide expert knowledge and best practices to new and existing clients
- Help new customers transition from implementation to general support
- Continually look for ways to improve the onboarding process and training
- Process customer-centric feedback about potential changes to the AwardSpring product
- Coordinate and host large-scale webinars to introduce new functionality to existing customer base
- Provide consultations to existing clients to ensure they are effectively using AwardSpring functionality
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years experience working in a client-facing project management or implementation role
- You have a proven ability to work independently and bring projects to completion
- You enjoy being a communicator and can run multiple videoconferences per day
- You are organized and highly detail-oriented
- You can explain the same idea or concept a few different ways
- You have excellent and clear verbal and written communication skills
- You’re a quick learner
- You can think quickly on your feet
- You’re empathetic and can relate to different perspectives
- You have a knack for tech, but didn’t necessarily go to school for it
Bonus points if:
- You have project management experience
- You have experience working in software as a service (SaaS)
- You have a Bachelor’s or Associates degree
- You have experience working in scholarship management or higher education
- You’re comfortable using Excel
- You’ve written software documentation
A note on workspace:
Like many companies, AwardSpring has gone with a remote-first approach since the COVID-19 pandemic began. Unlike many companies - we're staying that way. We were fortunate: we embraced fully-remote employees long before it was cool, and that made transitioning to a remote-first organization a relatively painless procedure. We do have a central office our team can utilize as desired in the near west loop of Chicago (a couple blocks west of Union Station on Adams). If you're local to Chicago, you can use that office as you please. For our employees around the US, we'll use it as a basecamp for the occasional get-together.
It is crucial for this role that you have a proper workspace with consistently reliable internet. During the interview process you’ll be asked about your experience working remotely and your current workspace.
Why You Should Work at AwardSpring:
We pride ourselves on having an environment that cares deeply about each employee and the customers we serve. Besides creating an open, friendly and flexible working environment, we also offer competitive benefits, including (but not limited to):
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Participation Plan (Equity) after one year's service
- 20 days of vacation, in addition to sick leave & 10+ holidays
- Flexible schedules
- 4-day work weeks from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Paid parental leave
AwardSpring is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. AwardSpring is an equal opportunity employer and hires without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are committed to an environment free from harassment or discrimination. Women and minorities strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary range: $50,000-$55,000 based on experience