Who We Are:
AwardSpring is an established and fast-growing Software as a Service (SaaS) start-up that partners with colleges and foundations to help them award scholarships and grants. We want to make it as easy as possible for students to apply for and receive scholarship money, and as easy as possible for institutions to deliver that money and raise more money for future students.
Bias for Action: We are a small team that is in full growth mode at the moment. We all wear a lot of hats (figuratively) and we have a deep appreciation for showing ownership and accountability to our peers and customers (literally).
Find A Way: We have found that there is not always an easy answer to every question or issue that arises. Yet, we strive to be creative and find a way to simplify things every day. Together, we find a way to remove every roadblock.
Be Human: After all, we are all people (robots – please do not apply). We like to have a human voice and show empathy and friendliness to everyone we interact with.
Keep Improving: We accept that we are not perfect, but we strive to get a little bit better every day. Hopefully you do too.
Who You Are:
- You are not too far removed from the world of college and scholarships and understand the critical need for a simplified and streamlined scholarship application and award process.
- You want to jump start your career through enterprise sales and business development.
- You have somewhere between 0-2 years of experience working while in college or after college.
- You are coachable: You are not expected to come here and have all the answers. We will train and coach you and put you in a position to succeed. We just need you to be open to trying new (and potentially uncomfortable at first) things and we will coach you along the way.
- You have passion/grit: You approach achievement as a marathon. You have the grit and stamina to continue when the going gets tough and you face rejection. You understand that your work is helping your customers solve for pain in their daily lives and that is something you are passionate about.
- You have an abundance of natural curiosity: Perhaps you were one of those kids that asked “why?” over and over again until your parents went crazy. Perhaps you asked questions that were a bit more well-formed. Either way, you are an intellectually curious life-long learner who cherishes the process of figuring things out.
- You are a compassionate competitor: You want to win, but not at the expense of your team. There may be no “I” in “team”, but you understand that your individual performance is important, and you will compete to be a top contributor to the overall team’s success.
What You’ll Do:
Your first 3-6 months
- Learn a ton!
- Develop the imperative skills to further your career in sales.
- Learn the AwardSpring products and messaging.
- Learn our CRM, sales playbook, and other necessary tools to succeed in this role.
- Prospect potential customers via phone, email, social media to schedule meetings.
- Help Account Executives cultivate leads and sell AwardSpring to colleges and foundations.
The next 6-12 months
- Consistently meet or exceed a quota of meetings scheduled per month.
- Share your opinions and insights with sales leadership – you’ll be the one speaking with our future customers all day!
- Begin to learn and understand the full sales process.
- Further develop a relationship with your Account Executive to gain an understanding of the potential next step in your career.
The next 12-18 months
- Begin to nurture leads of your own!
- Work with Account Executives to learn the next steps in our sales process following the first scheduled meeting.
- Learn how to run a discovery call and a product demo.
- Learn how to close.
- Start closing deals and earning sales commissions!
- Set yourself up for a successful career in sales management and leadership!
AwardSpring is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our door. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. AwardSpring embraces and celebrates diversity.